1st Texas Realtors in La Porte David & Simone Karstedt, Nancy Estes, Rhan Pruitt, William Machupa Jr, Matt Bradley, Lynee Johns, James Swain, Danielle Robinson and Jay Herder for local real estate experts in La Porte, Texas.
No matter where you are from, we all agree picking up your life and relocating to La Porte, Texas, can be daunting, even for the prepared. Add children, pets, or a deadline to begin your new job and it’s even more stressful.
We are a full-service brokerage specializing in relocation to La Porte, Texas, and have helped many families find the best home with the best schools, commute, grocery and access to public parks and the waterfront.
Steps to relocating to La Porte, Texas.
- Make a visit to La Porte, Texas. Before you relocate, visit at least once. We recommend touring the NASA Johnson Space Center and enjoying the waterfront. It is the best way to decide if living in La Porte is right for you. You can replace the thoughts of relocating with real experience, and you can meet a relocation specialist to communicate your needs face-to-face.
- Make a Relocation Plan. After your visit La Porte and decide to make the move, it’s time for a Relocation Plan. The timeline and critical decision points should be laid out, your budget for buying or renting a home, the desired neighborhoods, schools and necessary commuting routes, and the location and proximity to friends or family that live in La Porte, Texas. We’ll provide you with a comprehensive list of criteria for you to consider before relocating.
- Find a Home. Finding a home in La Porte can be challenging and, at times, frustrating. There are many people relocating to La Porte to join the expanding natural energy sector, or moving to be near the waterfront. You can use our Home Search providing real-time MLS home data. You can also Register to save custom searches and receive email alerts about new property listings. Or you can simply complete a Home Finder and we’ll present you with a list of all of the homes that match your needs.
- Find a Job. The unemployment rate in La Porte is currently one of the lowest in the nation, mostly, due to the energy sector. If you are flexible about applying your particular skills, then you will almost certainly find a career before relocating to La Porte, Texas.
- Establish yourself in La Porte. Relocating is very rewarding, you will be presented with many new opportunities, friends and associates, but also challenged in ways not expected. Even though you might be consumed by the relocation activities of your move, take some extra time to listen to your new friends, get to know them, and learn from their experiences.
- Make the most of La Porte. Visit the NASA Johnson Space Center, and go ahead, reach across the railing and touch the Apollo 17 Command Module and think about where it has been. Go to Kemah, enjoy some fresh bay seafood and watch the sail boats return during the sunset. You can also take the 30-minute drive to Galveston, rent a bike and ride on the seawall. Please enjoy yourself and contact us when you’re ready!